Friday, February 18, 2011

A Milestone I Guess...


As of yesterday we decided that we would start the process of trying to get our credit together so as to purchase our first home! Shreaking like a little girl at a pajama party here....

I'm so excited. As of yesterday afternoon, we sent out all of our letters to our credit agencies contesting anything on them that are looking kinda fishy to us. Now I believe they have 30 days to respond before we can move forward with our next step. Whatever that may be.

Thankfully, while researching from A to Z all things "first-time homebuyers" I have come across many helpful people and guides. At the bottom of this blog actually, you can see the HGTV Home Guide widget. You can click on that for invaluable information wherever you may live and whatever stage of buying you may be in as well.

Not too long ago, I was contacted by a man who promised to help me get my credit in order but he was going to charge us - are you sitting? - $400 bucks! Now since we don't have that kind of cheddar, I kindly declined his offer for help. Again, thanks to meeting a woman along the way that deals with first-time homebuyers she was able to steer me in the right direction towards a program that my state actually offers. There are people on hand in every state that help you sort through credit issues - FREE OF CHARGE!


Come Monday, I am on the phone first thing with him. I'll let you know how it turns out.


No comments:

Gotta Love The Guides!