Thursday, March 31, 2011

House Update

Okay so here's the new lowdown on our pad. We have decided to sign our lease for another year in this here house. It's a relief of sorts that I won't have to pack up a whole house while my son is still in school and move us all out of here. I say that I won't have to move us because I have come to the realization that I am the one that does most of all our planning, purchasing, boxing, sorting, purging, searching for deals, getting said deals, and then making sure our Master List is accomplished before we pull away from the curb in that U-Haul.

My husband is the muscle for the day of. I might complain a bit, but I am actually proud of the fact that I can manage a whole house in such a manner. I need to keep remembering to put this stuff on my resume for if I ever return to working with actual real-life adults!

So now this brings us to today. We are in this house for another year and I go back and forth as to if I want to put any kind of effort into sprucing the place up. A year comes and goes like lightning these days. Who wants to pour a whole bunch of cash into a rental home? For what? So the next people that step up in the place can go "Ooooo recessed lighting. We'll take it!" I mean come on, we're not making anything of it being updated when we leave. We would just be doing upgrades for our landlord that he can eventually cash in big time when he sells the place. I'm feeling quite at odds today.

Well that's it. I just wanted to tell you whats going on with the house hunting front. I am also realizing that within a years time, if no tsunamis or earthquakes completely ruin our town, I may very well be in my dream home. I only plan on moving 1 more time before our kids are grown and out of the house. Then our master plan at age 45 is to sell the house and buy an RV and hit the road folks! See the countryside and make it to the top of Mt. Washington!

We dream big in this little home of ours...

No comments:

Gotta Love The Guides!