Now here is my disclaimer right now: It is midnight, I'm exhausted, and I don't even have my camera present to do anything with my pictures anyway.
Have you guessed it yet? Yep. Wait for it....
WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO AND A HIP HIP HOORAY FOR ALL THE FOLKS IN THE NOSEBLEED SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously we are truly this happy right now. This all went down last Friday and I haven't even had time to breath let alone write a post about it. There are so many things in the works right now at the new place. Don't worry I am photo documenting every (scratch that-almost every) single step we are taking and I will soon and eventually put them all up on here for you to share the journey with us and hopefully learn something along the way.
Here are the many things that we have done since getting the keys to the place and a list of the things to come that will be happening sooner than later hopefully!
1. Ripped out all of the old carpeting in 4 1/2 bedrooms to get some of the "old air" out of the house. I say 1/2 because my eager beaver of a big man brother ripped out the top layer of a carpeted room that wasn't supposed to be ripped out just yet, and right now we are just left with the padding underneath.
2. Painted the living room, master bedroom, and 2 kids rooms. The house is smelling waaaaay better already just from that. Ooo don't let me forget to tell you that we also from day one went to the store and bought the biggest can of Chock Full O' Nuts coffee and put plates of ground coffee in each room to absorb the stench of "old air". It works really good, but that coupled with the new paint has worked wonders!
3. Ripped out all the old baseboards in the rooms to make room for our new brazilian cherry wood laminate floors.
4. Started laying said brazilian cherry wood laminate floors on Saturday. Still working on them today - Monday. And will hopefully finish up working on them tomorrow - Tuesday.
And here are the things still left to accomplish:
1. Put in new baseboards. After ripping out the old ones and seeing how inexpensive it would be to just replace them with nicer looking ones we passed in HD, we both lightbulbed it at the same time and now we are going down this path.
2. Finish the flooring in my daughters room, sons room, and our room.
3. Clean the house from top to bottom after finishing all floors.
4. Move in all furniture from old house.
5. Finish cleaning out old house - inside and out.
6. Finally get into new house by March 31st and start gutting out the guest bathroom (you know, the one with the green toilet and bathtub?) to be used in time for the little girls graduation party.
Oh did I not mention that we are hosting the Pre-K graduation carnival for all our little friends parents in June? Which is only 1, 2, 3 months away! Sheesh...I better get some sleep so I can be up and at 'em first thing tomorrow. Umm...today.
Thanks for all your well wishes during the crazy time that was escrow for us. How I didn't pull out all my hair I'll never know...
My best, Lynn